Select Benefits is a limited benefit medical insurance policy. It is not comprehensive medical coverage nor a replacement for major medical or any other comprehensive insurance. Instead, your policy pays a preselected fixed dollar amount for covered visit or procedures.
Medicare has two parts Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B. Medicare Part A pays for hospital bills while Medicare Part B pays for doctor bills. There is also Medicare Advantage Plan and Medicare Part D that pays for prescription drugs.
If the amount allowed by your policy does not cover the entire cost of the visit or procedure, you will be responsible for any remaining balance of the bill.
- No medical questions
- No waiting periods for pre-existing conditions
- No networks to get benefits
- Employer chooses benefits
- Premiums as low as $40 per employee
- First dollar coverage/no deductibles (except on dental plan if selected)
- Minimum of five employees to start
- Plans are payable without regard to other health insurance or major medical
- Not just a discount program; this is insurance