FLEMING HEALTH CARE REPEAL UPDATE
The New Health Care Reform Law One Year Later and Getting Worse by the Day
Today, on the one year anniversary since government-approved health care was signed into law, a look at the implementation of the new health care reform reveals how the legislation has failed to deliver on costs, premiums, spending, and preserving Americans’ existing coverage:
- 19 — States where parents can no longer buy child-only insurance policies as a result of the law
- 30 — States suing to block the law from taking effect, or requesting waivers from its requirements
- 51 — Percentage of American workers who will lose their current health coverage by 2013, according to the Administration’s own estimates
- 1,270 — New bureaucrats requested by the Internal Revenue Service to implement the law this year
- $2,100 — Increase in individual insurance premiums due to Obamacare, according to the Congressional Budget Office
- $2,500 — Premium reduction promised by candidate Obama “by the end of my first term as President”
- 6,578 — Pages of new regulations issued implementing Obamacare through March 14, 2011
- 800,000 — Reduction in the American labor force due to Obamacare provisions that “will effectively increase marginal tax rates, which will also discourage work,” according to the CBO
- 2,624,720 — Total individuals in 1,040 plans granted waivers thus far exempting them from the law’s insurance mandates; nearly half of whom participate in union plans
- 7,400,000 — Reduction in Medicare Advantage enrollment as a result of Obamacare, resulting in a loss of choice for seniors and millions of beneficiaries losing their current health plan
- 40,000,000 — Firms subject to the health law’s new 1099 reporting requirements, which the National Federation of Independent Business called a “tremendous new paperwork compliance burden”
- $118,000,000,000 — New costs imposed on states to implement Obamacare—budgetary costs that will lead to reduced services for other state programs like education or to higher state taxes
- $310,800,000,000 — Projected increase in health costs due to Obamacare, according to the independent Medicare actuary, who called its promise of lower costs “false, more so than true”
- $552,200,000,000 — Amount of higher taxes Americans will pay if Obamacare remains in place
- $1,390,000,000,000 —Federal spending on new entitlements during fiscal years 2012-2021 according to the CBO, a 48 percent increase from an earlier estimate
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU
Even though we have seen only a few of the law’s initial provisions take effect, American families and businesses are already facing higher costs, economic uncertainty, and loss of their current coverage.
Health Insurance – Hot Topic
Health Insurance is a “hot topic” and no one knows how changes taking place in HealthCare Reform will affect them. In order to help you understand the HealthCare Reform changes we continually attend meetings and keep up with current event through groups such as the National Association of Health Underwriters and Human Resources of Treasure Valley. We receive notifications daily on changes taking place regarding HealthCare Laws and the upcoming Exchanges.
My question is, do you really want to navigate the murky waters of HealthCare Reform by purchasing Health Insurance online or would you prefer someone knowledgeable and that has the expertise to assist you through the process? After your plan is in place wouldn’t you prefer to have someone that has expertise to aide you resolving issues with claims? Our agency has been in business for 35 years. Our staff is available to answer any question you might have.
As your Health Insurance Agents we assist you not only in choosing the right plan, but we are here to assist you with any servicing requirements you may have. We assist you with billing, claims and any other issues that may arise with your HealthCare Plan. We have the most up to date answers for you regarding your HealthCare. There is no additional cost to our services as we are paid through the Health Insurance Carrier. Wouldn’t it make sense to have someone on your side?
Know your options; make contact with professional broker consultants.
IDAHO INSURANCE AGENCY LLC
Paul King and Charlotte Hildebrandt
1650 Albright Ln #101
Boise, Idaho 83709